Named for the university’s fifth president, Beardshear Hall was constructed from durable Bedford stone when it was built in 1902 to replace Old Main, which was destroyed by a fire. It houses administrative offices, including the president and the provost, as well as the office of financial aid – a reminder that currently, 25 percent of Iowa State students receive scholarship support thanks to generous donors.
2505 University Boulevard, P.O. Box 2230, Ames, Iowa 50010-2230, 866.419.6768.
Copyright ©2013, Iowa State University Foundation. All rights reserved.