The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is one of the world’s leading institutions of agriculture. Building on 150 years of excellence, the college provides leadership in science, education and research areas vital to the future of Iowa, the nation and the world.
Some of the most significant innovations in agriculture and life sciences can be traced to Iowa State. As a new era dawns for discovering more about living organisms and life processes, the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is central to those discoveries. The college is prepared to respond quickly to emerging needs and to provide the leadership necessary to solve critical worldwide challenges, as well as to prepare future leaders to meet those and future challenges.
Private support is essential to the college’s success. Examples of philanthropy in action in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences include:
- Annual gifts to support Dean Wendy Wintersteen's initiatives
- Annual support for the Agricultural Entrepreneurship Initiative
- Several privately funded scholarship accounts
- 30 named endowed faculty positions
- Privately supported research and program funds
- Renovations to Curtiss Hall, historic home of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Construction of the Jeff and Deb Hansen Agriculture Student Learning Center with an arena that will seat 1,000 people
- Construction of the Bio-Renewables Complex, including two adjoining buildings for offices and laboratories to house the Department of Agricultural and Bio-Systems Engineering
- A state-of-the-art agriculture pavilion with an arena with seating for 1,000 people
Ongoing support is crucial to advancing the mission of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and benefits the college’s students, faculty and staff.
Click here to make a gift online.