Moving Students Forward - Athletics
By supporting Moving Students Forward, you can invest in the future of deserving students at Iowa State University. Scholarship support is essential to give the university a competitive edge in attracting students to Iowa State and allowing them to thrive here.
Scholarships for Iowa State Athletics help recruit and retain exceptional scholar-athletes to Cyclone teams. Participation in college athletics demands a great deal of commitment, time and hard work, and scholarships are critical to ensuring that students are able to succeed academically and experience a well-rounded Iowa State education, while achieving their best in the field, on the court or on the track.
Support Cyclone Athletics
The long and proud tradition of Cyclone athletics creates a lively connection among alumni, friends, students, and fans around the nation. Spirit and pride unite all for a common cause — to support, promote and energize Iowa State University.
Each year, financial support from faithful Cyclone Club members helps Iowa State student-athletes achieve peak performance in the classroom and on the field. Cyclone Club and other donations fund the future success of the athletics program by:
- Recruiting the brightest and most talented student-athletes
- Attracting and retaining the best coaches and staff
- Investing in the improvement and construction of state-of-the-art facilities
Private support is essential to the athletic program’s success. Examples of philanthropy in action in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics include:
- Annual gifts of all sizes
- Several privately funded scholarship accounts
- The Sukup Basketball Complex
- The Bergstrom Indoor Practice Facility
- The Cyclone Sports Complex
- The Jacobson Athletic Building at Jack Trice Stadium
- Johnny’s at Hilton Coliseum
Ongoing support is crucial to advancing the mission of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics mission benefits the program’s student-athletes and coaches.